Sunday, June 17, 2012

Father's Day

Happy Father's Day to all the dads out there, including my own! I'm sure I'm not the only one who finds masculine cards challenging, and I have to tell you, this time of year really taxes me because Father's Day and my dad's birthday are very close together. In addition, a couple of my male cousins who are on my birthday card list also have birthdays in June! I'm so glad my BFF's daughter's birthday is in August, because by the time July is over, I am ready for pink and flowers and butterflies! One of my challenges making masculine cards is making sure that my few guy stamps don't get repeated too often or in too similar of designs. I have a few go-to layouts I tend to fall back on, and this is one of them. I paired the image, from a retired CHF set, with a sentiment from Gina K Designs and paper from the Back Country collection from Paper Loft. A simple button and linen thread finish it off. Thanks for stopping by today!
Supplies:
Stamps: Cornish Heritage Farms image, Gina K Designs sentiment
Ink: Memento rich cocoa, PTI kraft
Cardstock: Speckletone kraft, Choice buttercream, Paper Loft Back Country
Accessories: button, linen thread

1 comment:

Joan Ervin said...

This is such an awesome guy card....love the image and how you used the twine!!!! Guy cards are always so hard for me to make so thanks for the inspiration!!!!