Monday, March 19, 2012

Relay tags

So I mentioned the other day that my sister was complaining about my lack of blogging. One thing that had been keeping me busy and not blogging was these. I made about 40 of these tags for my sister's Relay for Life team. She's a cancer survivor and is prepping for her third year as a Relay team captain and committee member. She likes to give out thank you gifts to her team members, so I thought it would be great if we could make some tags to tie on them. The tags can be signed and personalized on the back, and should make it easier to pass out the little gifts during the busy relay! We came up with a design together over Christmas, then I got busy and made them all the last few weeks. The design is modified slightly from the original because I didn't have quite the right supplies at my house. Also, there are two sizes of yellow circles because I could cut two at once with my Cuttlebug that way! :)

The tags are pretty simple, just a fun little shoe image from Paper Smooches. The purple shoes have matching purple twine and they are for the cancer survivors on the team. The rest are teal and yellow - teal to represent my sister's cancer and yellow to represent her name (Sunny) and her personality (also sunny!) It's a little Mardi Gras-esque, but hopefully no one will notice!

Supplies:
Stamps: Paper Smooches
Ink: Memento basic blac
Cardstock: teal, DCWV goldenrod, neenah white
Accessories: SU Top note die, circle nestabilities, eyelets, twine

No comments: