Sunday, July 10, 2011

For my dad

Today is my dad's birthday, so it's only fitting that I share his birthday card with you all! Masculine cards are tough, and after years of stamping, I find it hard to come up with new ideas each year. It's particularly tough because his birthday falls just after Father's Day, so I have to come up with two cards in a short period of time! I guess this year's theme is alcohol inks. The Father's Day card and this one both feature backgrounds made with alcohol inks. The beer is colored with Copics and I added some gold Spica glitter pen for sparkle and some liquid applique for the foam.
Happy birthday, Dad!
Supplies:
Stamps: Chillax, Taylored Expressions
Ink: Memento tuxedo black, Copic markers, Ranger alcohol inks, more mustard for sponging on embossed panel, Ranger archival ink for stamping on the alcohol ink background
Paper: basic black, so saffron, choice snow white, glossy white
Accessories: Nestabilities, black hemp twine, Sizzix embossing folder, liquid applique

No comments: