Friday, May 6, 2011

Moxie Fab Tissue Magic

Cath posted a fun challenge recently on the Moxie Fab blog - to use tissue or crepe paper on your card. The challenge runs through Monday, so there is still plenty of time to play. I knew I had some Jenni Bowlin crepe paper ribbon in my stash, so I pulled it out and started playing! The ribbon came in two designs of white, plus this fun red polka dot. I had a few different ideas, and I folded and twisted a bunch of ribbon before I finally decided to do a pleated band along the side of the focal image. Basically I just layered loops down the side, tacking down each loop to the one below it as I went. The cool thing about it is that the ribbon lays flat for mailing, then poofs out when you open the card for a neat effect. I also wrapped one piece of the ribbon behind the image to tie the card together. Thanks Cath for a super fun challenge!
Supplies:
Stamps: Our Craft Lounge
Ink: Memento tuxedo black, Copic markers
Paper: DCWV notecard, real red cardstock
Accessories: Jenni Bowlin crepe paper ribbon, Ranger glossy accents

2 comments:

C said...

Adorable!

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Michelle! Thanks for linking this up to the Tissue Paper Magic Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)