Saturday, November 20, 2010

Treasury of Hope

This is it! Today's card is my final card for the Hope card drive on Splitcoast! I think it might also be my favorite of the 32 cards I made for the challenges. The cards were sent off earlier this month to the MD Anderson Cancer Center, where I know they will be put to good use! Now on to the card. For the final challenge, Lydia asked us to take inspiration from a treasury on Etsy. I wasn't familiar with the treasuries, but now that I've found them, I'm in love! What a great source of inspiration. Being the mood for autumn as I am, I typed in the word "fall" in the treasury search and found this one to take inspiration from. I particular loved the leaf and acorn pendant. To make the card, I cut a strip of aluminum from Making Memories, added alchol inks, then embossed it with a Sizzix folder that looks like old bricks. I inked the image with several colors, then stamped it on kraft cardstock. I added some linen thread and a tiny button and voila!
Supplies:
Stamps: Cornish Heritage Farms
Ink: ruby red, pumpkin pie, more mustard, chocolate chip
Accessories: Ranger Distress alcohol inks, aluminum, sizzix embossing folder, nestabilities, button, linen thread

No comments: