Monday, August 2, 2010

Lilacs and irises

I did so much stamping the last couple of weeks, I've started forgetting what I've blogged and what I haven't! Hopefully this is one you all haven't seen yet! Yet again, it is for a Dare to Get Dirty challenge - actually two, I think! One was a sketch and one was about using flowers. I just had to pull out this iris stamp from Penny Black. It is one of my all-time favorite images, and one of those I know I'll never part with! I paired it with papers and embellishments from the Kaisercraft Lilac Avenue collection. I know you all know how much I love that one! The image was inked with my Kaisercraft ink cubes in amethyst and splice. The flower is actually the backside of a polka-dot bloom. I spritzed it with Smooch spritz to add some shimmer and soften the color a bit!
Supplies:
Stamps: Penny Black iris
Ink: Kaisercraft splice and amethyst
Paper: vintage violet (retired SU), vanilla, Kaisercraft Lilac Avenue
Accessories: Smooch spritz, Kaisercraft Lilac Avenue ribbon, flowers and brads, nesties