Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Au chocolat!

I've been having tons of fun making cards and projects for the Dare to Get Dirty challenges over on Splitcoast. This is one of the projects I made; it fit a few of the challenges! I've been combining them in hopes of actually getting them all done! This container was a clear plastic jar that held some seriously delicious chocolate gelato. When the gelato was gone (it didn't take long! haha!) I saved the container thinking it would be fun to alter. The challenges kicked me into actually doing it! I used some long retired SU Au Chocolat designer paper to cover the jar and lid, and added ribbon, a tag and a sentiment. I also finally made one of Corie Foster's fabulous puffy flowers. I've been wanting to make one for ages, but never had until now! It is so fun, and I think just the right touch for this particular project!
Supplies:
Stamps: One of a kind - SU
Ink: chocolate chip
Paper: very vanilla, au chocolat dp
Accessories: fancy labels nestabilities, scallop circle punch, chocolate chip satin ribbon

2 comments:

Karen H. said...

Oh I love the way you did the paper on the container with some flower and some stripe.

KellyJo'sKreations said...

OMG!! I came across your blog tonight, and love what I see. Love your blog name as my hubby and I adopted 5 kittens a year ago. I love cats and just so happens that my married name is Katz. LOL I first saw your altered journal from M's $ spot and I altered one also with the same paper. Then I see you have altered a gelato container. I have to laugh because I have saved close to 50 of those containers thinking that I will need them some day. The day has come. Thanks for the ideas....Back to read your blog for more ideas.
kelly
kellyjoskreations dot com