Tim Holtz had a little contest on his blog a couple of weeks ago and asked people to show how how they "distress" in a project. I whipped up a "Tim tag" for the contest. I did a bunch of distressing here; I started by stamping the reed image with antique linen Distress ink; then I stamped the floral image in versamark and embossed with Distress clear embossing powder. I sponged aged mahogany Distress ink over and around the embossed image to make it pop. I sponged tattered rose Distress ink around the edges and over most of the rest of the tag to help warm it up. The butterflies were then stamped in aged mahogany. I finished the tag with some ribbons, a Prima flower and a button.
Stamps: Nature's Discovery and misc. wood stamp from Tim Holtz
Paper: manila shipping tag
Ink: aged mahogany, tattered rose, antique linen Distress
Accessories: Embossing powder, ribbons and twill, Prima flower, button, twine.