Sunday, May 23, 2010

Crafting for a cause

Hi everyone! Today I'm sharing a little project I've been working on for a good cause. These little treat bags are going to be sold (at least I hope someone buys them!) at an upcoming Relay for Life event to raise money for the American Cancer Society. I'm participating in the 24-hour relay in Salem, Oregon, next month in support of my sister, Sunny.

These first two treat bags represent the cause we are supporting. Purple is the color of Relay, and the color used to show support for all cancers. The teal represents ovarian and endometrial cancer. Just over a year ago, my sister was diagnosed with this type of cancer. Let me tell you, it's really hard to match candy to these colors! I found some Godiva gems for teal and some funky M&M trios for the purple! I mixed two stamp sets, one from Crafty Secrets and one from Flourishes, for the toppers. Special thanks to my pals Lee and Karolyn for loaning them to me for this project!
Since my sister's name is Sunny, her team name for Relay is "Rays of Hope," so I wanted to incorporate some sunshine into the goodies we'll sell during the Relay. I fell in love with the Sunshine Cheer from Our Craft Lounge and thought it would be a perfect fit. These two goodie bags have plain M&Ms (on the left) and Mike&Ike candies (on the right) in case somebody doesn't like chocolate.
You can read more about the Relay and my reason for participating by clicking on the blog badge I added to the top of the blog rail on the left of this page! Relay events are held all over the country and you might find one in your area that you can attend to show support for this important cause. And stay tuned, I expect I'll be doing some more crafting for the cause over the next few weeks!
Supplies:
Stamps: Flourishes, Crafty Secrets, Our Craft Lounge
Ink: memento tuxedo black, Copic markers
Paper: Coredinations teal, lovely lilac, only orange, yoyo yellow, neenah white
Accessories: Creative Memories circle punches, scallop edge punch (SU), scallop edge punch with dots (EK Success), treat bags from Michaels

3 comments:

Karolyn at Paper Therapy said...

Michelle, these projects are super special! I'm sure that your sister will really appreciate your efforts! Great job, missy!

Jean Cross said...

WTG, Mish! These look great!

Lee said...

Those are cuuuuteness!!!!! I totally am gonna CASE this!!! You are the one who ROCKS!!!!