Sunday, April 11, 2010

This card is kind of a do-over! I took a large 5.5-inch square card I had made during a make-n-take at CHA and pulled apart all the pieces. I love the paper, but the card didn't have any stamping on it, and it would've been hard to mail. I thought the papers, I think they are from Prima, would work well with my new SU Good Neighbors stamps, and I was right! I debated putting a sentiment on the card; I may still add one to the front or maybe just stick on e inside. I really like this mix of colors and patterns, and still have a few scraps of the paper, so I may work up another card with it eventually.
Also, this was my first time using the new unmounted stamps from Stampin UP. I decided to order a set to see what I thought. I really want to like them - think of all the space I would save! But it was not love at first sight. The stamps come with stickers you can attach to the cling foam so you can see what you're stamping, but the stickers don't cling as well to the clear blocks. My stamps kept falling off! They also don't seem to stick well to the cases they come in. I may try removing the stickers to see if that helps. Anybody have any other suggestions.
Supplies:
Stamps: Good Neighbors, SU
Ink: Memento cocoa; cool caribbean, kiwi kiss
Paper: Chocolate chip, very vanilla, Prima dp
Accessories: button, linen thread, Copic spica glitter pen, Wescott cutter (wavy edge)

4 comments:

jjcreations said...

Wonderfully cute card.

Lee said...

Ohh I LOVE it with that dp!!!

Karolyn at Paper Therapy said...

Outstanding! I love the hip feel of this card, Mish! The color scheme, funky images, and layout - out of this world awesome!!

muffin said...

I too am trying to like the clear stamps from SU. Had the same falling off experience with the stickers. Don't use the stickers...it's better. Love the colors in this card, I seem to be using them more & more.