Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Rolled marble basket


One of the great things about VSN is the opportunity to build up your card stash! I think I made seven cards over the weekend, and often I've managed to make twice that many, which really keeps my card box full. This time around, I decided to make a few Easter cards for some of the challenges. This challenge was based on the Olympic sport of curling; Kathy asked us to use the rolling marble technique on your card. Marbles are one of the odd things I've added to my stamping stash over the years, largely because of VSN! It took me forever to find them this time; I recently reorganized some of my stuff and finally found them in baggy with cotton balls, Q-tips, string and a few other assorted oddities! The used an empty SU stamp case for my background, inking the marble and paper with one color, then wiping out the container and adding a new color. I kept the rest of the card pretty simple so I could showcase the background.

Supplies:
Stamps: Hello Spring, All Holidays
Ink: Memento tuxedo black, Copic markers, mellow moss, bashful blue and pink pirouette reinkers
Paper: Mellow moss, bashful blue, pink pirouette, whisper white
Accessories: Ek success punch, Cuttlebug, scallope punch, nestabilities, Kaisercraft pearls

No comments: