Friday, October 23, 2009

Unity bachelor #5: Around the house

I've been enjoying the Unity Bachelor contest in the Unity forum on SCS. It's been a great excuse to get my Unity stamps nice and inky. Last week's challenge was to use something from around the house in your card. I had a hard time coming up with something, then I was digging around in the pantry and happened on the aluminum foil. I stamped images from Unity's Darling Dots on the foil using Stazon inks, then ran the foil through the Cuttlebug. The foil is a little delicate (I didn't have any heavy duty foil, just regular) but it embosses beautifully! I rounded the corners, added another dot image and a sentiment from Gratitude=Joy and some bling and called it good! The foil adds so much shimmer, it was a little hard to take a photo of, but I think it turned out pretty cool.
Supplies:
Stamps: Unity darling dots and gratitude=joy
Ink: Stazon, Colorbox silver
Paper: Tempting turquoise, lovely lilac, pink passion, foil
Accessories: cuttlebug, rhinestone brad, Kaisercraft rhinestones, circle punches

5 comments:

Rene said...

Wow, what a neat idea! I actually have some heavy-duty foil and will give this a try.

Tenia Nelson said...

Great card!!

Karen H. (kthaman) said...

Michelle this is awesome! I love the stamping and embossing on the foil - what a great combo!

Lee said...

Wowza Mish!!!! That colorful embossed foil looks gorgeous!!!!

Maria Matter said...

this is just too fabulous!
gorgeous even...look at that color!!
Blessings, Maria