Saturday, September 26, 2009

Autumn flower

Once in awhile when I'm making cards, I come up with something that turns out even better than I pictured it in my head. This is one of those cards. I just love how it turned out! The inspiration for the card was a Virtual Stamp Night challenge from Friday night's mini VSN. Trish challenged us to use the rock and roll technique on our cards. I love that technique - it just adds a touch of something special to your cards. I selected a leaf stamp from Unity's gratitude = joy set and inked the image in several fall colors, rolling one edge each time in a complementary color. I added some Basic Grey Indian Summer - I suspect you'll be seeing a lot of that for awhile! - a ribbon, a button, and my favorite fall sentiment from Rosie's Roadshow. And now tht it's done, I'm thinking I might just have to keep this card for myself! :)
Supplies:
Stamps: Unity, Rosie's Roadshow
Ink: more mustard, pumpkin, kiwi kiss, ruby red, really rust
Paper: kiwi, chocolate chip, Basic Grey Indian Summer
Accessories: ribbon, button, twine

4 comments:

Tenia Nelson said...

Love it!!!

Maria Matter said...

holey moley, this is absolutley fabulous!!!!
I love fall cards!
Blessings, Maria

Riina said...

What a pretty card! A perfect fall card, I must say. :)

Happy World Card Making Day and greetings from Finland!

~ j said...

this is a stunner! i love the colors you did the rock n roll with!