Friday, August 7, 2009

Trying to get back in the groove

It's been more difficult than I expected to get back in the crafting groove since I got back from my vacation! And no crafting has meant no blogging! I hope to change that this weekend, however. I have a list of cards I need to get made and a list of challenges to work on, so I should have plenty to keep me busy! Of course I also have to tackle all the weekend chores, make time to see some friends and run a few errands over the next few days. Man I wish weekends were longer! LOL!
And now for the card: I actually made this last weekend for the mini VSN, but was slow to get it photographed and blogged. The challenge was to use a color combination inspired by nachos! Perhaps that's why I've been craving nachos all week! I finally had some for dinner tonight. :) Anyway, the challenge required using yellow and red, and you could choose from a limited list of other colors. I used so saffron (chips), real red (salsa), pumpkin pie (cheese) and old olive (guacamole). Oh and a touch of whisper white (sour cream!) The flowers are Die cut blooms, and the leaves are just one of the blooms cut apart. A few dew drops finished them off.
Supplies:
Stamps: short and sweet
Ink: real red
Paper: real red, so saffron, whisper white, Washington Apple DSP, die cut blooms
Accessories: scallop punch, dew drops

No comments: