Saturday, August 22, 2009

Inspired by Italy

It's time for another virtual vacation card! Some SCS friends and I are taking a virtual vacation this summer, complete with destination-themed challenges! This is my card representing our trip to Italy. Jean/naturecoastcrafter asked us to take the letters in "MICHELANGELO BUONARROTI" and use them to make words to inspire our cards. I found the words cream, teal, green, coral, bloom and gold in there, so that's where I got the inspiration for my card. The first four words inspired the color, the bloom inspired the Prima flowers and the gold is probably impossible for you to see - I sprayed a very fine mist of gold Glimmer Mist over the entire card when it was done. It gives it a very subtle shimmer. The large flower image from One of a Kind is inked first in kiwi kiss and then the edges rolled in taken with teal. I love that effect with this stamp! The other thing that inspired this card is Florentine stationary - you would find similar colors and gold accents in that beautiful paper. Thanks, Jean, for an awesome challenge!
Supplies:
Stamps: One of a Kind (SU)
Ink: taken with teal, kiwi kiss, cameo coral
Paper: taken with teal, kiwi kiss, cameo coral, very vanilla
Accessories: Kaisercraft pearls, jumbo eyelet, Primas, ribbon, scallop punch

3 comments:

Heather P. said...

This is so pretty!

peggysue said...

This is very Italianate looking and you used my favorite colors. I loooove Kiwi Kiss, so glad I have my pad, my reinker AND loads of paper. :) Pretty, pretty card you have here.

~ j said...

This is so beautiful. I love the soft colors and the big flower :)