Saturday, July 18, 2009

Salt inspired margaritas

Here's the second card I made for the salt-inspired challenge I'm hosting on SCS. Some SCS friends and I are taking a virtual vacation this summer, complete with weekly challenges inspired by our "travels!" You can learn more, and play along with us, HERE.
This week's tour took us to Austria, a country I spent about 8 months in while in college. Our challenge this week is to take inspiration from salt, the mineral that gives my favorite Austrian city, Salzburg, its name. For this card, I added some glitter "salt" to the rims of my margarita glasses. I just used a glitter pen to apply a small amount of glue, sprinkled on the glitter and let it dry.
Supplies:
Stamps: Margarita is a $1 stamp from Michaels, sentiment is from SU's Lots of Thoughts
Ink: Memento tuxedo black, Copics
Paper: green galore, gable green, cool caribbean, neenah white, Basic Grey Phoebe
Accessories: scallop circle punch, CM circle punch, glitter, ribbon

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Its beautiful, Michelle!

Lee said...

OH this is sooo cool Michelle!!!