Friday, May 15, 2009

Wedding duo

It's VSN weekend over on Splitcoast and I am in much need of some stamping therapy. I've had a rough week, so it was nice to get home and get inky for awhile! This weekend's theme is Viva Las Vegas, so that makes for some fun challenges. The first challenge of the night was to "Double down" and make of the same card, preferably using Vegas as inspiration. I immediately thought "Wedding" and came up with these two cards. I used some orchid Coredinations paper with the Manhattan Floral embossing folder, then sanded lightly to expose more of the paper's lighter core. I layered the embossed piece on silver and white cardstock, added the sentiment, ribbon and pewter pearls and that was it! Easy as pie!
Supplies:
Stamps: All Holidays (SU)
Ink: Stazon black
Paper: neenah classic crest white, unknown silver, Coredinations orchid
Accesories: ribbon, Kaisercraft pearls, Cuttlebug die and CM circle punch for sentiment, sanding block

1 comment:

peggysue said...

Very pretty! All of the recent cards on your blog are pretty, but I like your color combination on these.