Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Res-Q #7: Marbling

This is what I came up with for Denise's Res-Q challenge this week, a very clever challenge that called for using some kind of marbling on your card. You can see all the details of the challenge HERE. I made a polished stone background using my Ranger alcohol inks. I just love those inks. The panel with the sentiment is what I got after I had cleaned off the felt pad from the ink applicator - I actually prefer the lighter version, I think. And I also added some alcohol inks to the clear acrylic flower charm. Also a reminder, if you'd like to win some alcohol inks and other goodies, enter my blog candy giveaway found HERE! The contest is open until Saturday.
Supplies:
Stamps: Fifth Avenue Floral
Ink: Memento tuxedo black, Alcohol inks
Paper: glossy white, basic black, ballet blue
Accessories: Acrylic flower, ribbon, kaisercraft pearls, ticket corner punch

4 comments:

Denise said...

Very pretty card!

Lee said...

Wow!!! I totally need to try that technique!!

Jacq said...

You're bbecomming quite the master of the polished stone BG. Very pretty card Michelle.

Denise said...

fabulous! I like the darker one and the lighter one together! Gorgeous colors Mish, thanks for playing!