Monday, April 27, 2009

The strip(s)

I had a chance to make a few cards over the weekend for the mini VSN at Splitcoast. This was my card for the "Strip" challenge to use strips of paper on your card. I decided to cut my image into strips. The leaf from Unity's Gratitude=Joy was stamped in Versamark then embossed with Ranger clear EP. Then I inked my brayer with a green spectrum ink pad (an ancient one from Tsukineko called Serenade) and brayered over the leaves for an emboss resist technique. I kept the rest of the card simple to highlight the image. The colors work better in real life than in the photograph!
Also, stayed tuned - I am almost at 15,000 hits on my blog and I am working up some blog candy to share! It should be ready to go in the next couple days.
Supplies:
Stamps: Unity
Ink: versamark, Serenade pad
Paper: green galore, gable green, whisper white, Basic Grey Phoebe
Accessories: ribbon, butterfly, embossing powder, brayer

No comments: