Sunday, March 1, 2009

I {heart} George!

I have just a couple more VSN challenge cards to share with you; I guess it's a good thing I still have some, since I haven't really done any crafting since then. I came down with a miserable cold a couple of days ago, so I've been doing a lot of laying on the couch doing nothing. I hope it goes away soon, though. I have too much I want to do, at the craft table and otherwise!
Now on to the card. This is for Kelly/Schirmcat's Celebrity Crush challenge. She asked us to use a celebrity crush as inspiration for our card. There was no question for me - I {heart} George Clooney. My crush began when he was on the show "Sisters," but it really took off during the ER years. My card was inspired by George's salt and pepper hair (gray and black) and his hospital scrubs (soft sky). I also wanted a clean and classy style, just like George, so I kept the embellishments simple, just some satin ribbon from American Crafts, some Kaisercraft gray pearls, and some Cuttlebug embossing.
Supplies:
Stamps: Unity
Ink: Memento tuxedo black
Paper: soft sky, basic black, basic gray
Accessories: corner rounder, ribbon, pearls, cuttlebug

1 comment:

Jackie said...

That card is beautiful and I {heart} George, too. I actually got to see him when he was in the area after they filmed Leatherheads....got his autograph and actually touched his HAND!! He's just too adorable for words.