Monday, December 8, 2008

Our Craft Lounge and Copics

I had a chance over the weekend to take a class at a somewhat local craft store, Tall Mouse in Yorba Linda. The class was taught by Marianne, the Copic Guru who blogs at I Like Markers. She was teaching some basic Copic coloring skills and introducing us all to the new stamp company, Our Craft Lounge. Marianne is the designer of the stamps from the new company. It was a fun class, and great to get some one-on-one coloring tips and advice from Marianne! We made two cards and a box/bag in the class, and we were able to color to our heart's content. We also got to choose which images we used from the three stamp sets featured in the class. The first card features the adorable elephant from the Dr. Peanut set.
Isn't this the cutest puppy? Sadly, I cannot remember the name of the set he came from! But I love this little treat package, and that pup is so cute! He was a fun one to color, too.
The last card features this cute little girl from the Anna Mae set. I paper-pieced her dress and colored the rest. The stamps we used were clear, which was helpful in placing her legs, the balloon and the sentiment. But OCL also offers stamps unmounted on red rubber for those of you who prefer rubber.
Supplies:
Stamps: Our Craft Lounge
Ink: Memento black, Copic markers
Paper: unknown
Accessories: unknown

3 comments:

Catherine said...

Michel, all 3 cards are just adorable :)

Lee said...

Ohhh those are soooo cute!!! I sooo wanna take a class with Marianne!!!

Unknown said...

Michelle! I thought you were avoiding me! I see you posted "our projects," BUT neener, neener, neener...mine are better than yours... ya know I'm just playin' with ya! They look great!