Monday, December 15, 2008

In the spotlight

I needed to make some quick RAKs to get in the mail a few days ago, so I pulled out this fabulous Hero Arts image and made some spotlights using the image and my Copic markers. This is an elegant effect but it's also a quick one, since you only have to color a small piece of the image!
This is the finished group. The card bases were inspired by my Copic markers; each card uses a pair of Copics - light and dark - to color the flower. They were finished with some bits of ribbon and large We R Memory Keepers eyelets.
Supplies:
Stamps: Hero Arts
Ink: Memento, Copic markers
Paper: basic black, neenah classic crest white, blush blossom, tangerine tango, lovely lilac, cool caribbean, tempting turquoise
Accessories: CM circle cutters, ribbon, eyelets

5 comments:

Lee said...

Beeeeautiful set of cards!!!! I've only done this technique once, in the last VSN.....but it's a fave of mine as it's just sooo elegant!!!

Colleen said...

Beautiful cards.

jjcreations said...

Beautiful cards - I like your different colours and I love the background!!!! Joan

Corie said...

Beautiful -- love them all!!

Corie said...

Merry Christmas to you and your family!!