Friday, November 7, 2008

Emerging butterfly

Sorry for my absence once again. Work was insanely busy this week, and I have a very busy weekend ahead, which doesn't leave much time for stamping! I did, however, discover a couple more cards from the recent mini VSN that I hadn't shared yet. This card was for Karolyn's emerging color technique challenge. This is basically emboss resist with a stamped image under the clear embossing. My colors were inspired by the lovely Haiku designer paper from SU that I received in a recent secret sister gift. Under my clear embossed Fabulous Flower image are floral and butterfly images from Tim Holtz. I then brayered night of navy ink over everything, wiped the ink off the embossed flower, and voila! The next full VSN weekend is coming up next weekend, Nov. 14-15, and I am looking forward to having some dedicated stamping time then. I am also hosting a challenge on Friday. I'd love to have you play along.
Supplies:
Stamps: Fabulous Flowers, Nature's Discovery by Tim Holtz, Amuse sentiment
Ink: basic gray, night of navy, kiwi kiss
Paper: basic gray, night of navy, kiwi kiss, neenah classic crest white, Haiku DSP
Accessories: brads, ep

1 comment:

Catherine said...

Michelle, this is absolutely beautiful