Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Finally, the end!

Hope you all had a nice Labor Day weekend. My mom came for a visit and we hit some tourist spots and some craft stores over the holiday weekend. It was a great time. Finally, here are the last two cards I created for this round of VSN. The first card is my attempt at the brayered batik background for Beth's challenge. To make the background, you use your brayer and a Kaleidacolor ink pad, then spritz with water to get the colors to run. I only had this brightly colored ink, so I paired it with the toucan.
Supplies:
Stamps: toucan of my love (retired SU)
Ink: Versamark, Kaleidacolor fruitcake
Paper: watercolor, pixie pink, cool caribbean, green galore, basic black
Accessories: corner rounder, Cuttlebug, fibers, sparkly black EP

This card was for Stacey's Harry Potter potion challenge. She gave us aformula to use for our card, limiting us on stamps, inks and supplies (no glitter or bling!) I used Berry Bliss and One of a Kind for my card.
Stamps: Friendship flowers, One of a Kind
Ink: pretty in pink, chocolate chip
Paper: whisper white, pretty in pink, chocolate chip, berry bliss
Accessories: ticket punch, flower punch, ribbon, clip

2 comments:

Jenn Borjeson said...

I love this card, and I love that quote, I have that set and I love how you can use the quote as such a big part of the front. Beautiful colors!
Peace, Jenn

Lee said...

Oh what an awesome job with the Batik technique!!! And the toucan is so perfect!! Also, very pretty pink and brown card!! I'm so addicted to all my bling that I rarely force myself to do the limited challenges!! LOL