Sunday, August 24, 2008

Lots of VSN to share

I have lots of VSN cards to share with you over the next few days! The weekend was a smashing success, despite some trouble with the SCS servers. If you have time, check out the challenges HERE and comment on some of the great cards people made for them. The first card today is for Tonya's pearly challenge, inspired by "Alice in Wonderland." I embossed the shells in white embossing powder on bashful blue cardstock, then painted them lightly with Ranger Perfect Pearls in blush and pearl to give them that pearly sheen. I also discovered that the sentiments from Lots of Thoughts fit perfectly in the small SU tag punch - cool!
Supplies:
Stamps: Stipple Shells (retired SU)
Ink: versamark, bashful blue
Paper: bashful blue, blush blossom, Neenah classic crest solar white
Accessories: Cuttlebug, ribbon, tag punches, Perfect Pearls

Continuing the bashful blue theme, this card is for Paula's challenge to use felt or flocking. She was inspired by the warm, fuzzy feeling you get when reading books such as "Pride and Prejudice." I pulled out my flocking - only have white! - and used it on this cute sheep. I also added some details to the image using my white gel pen.
Supplies:
Stamps: Everyday celebrations, Short and Sweet
Ink: Stazon black
Paper: bashful blue, basic black, Neenah classic crest solar white
Accessories: Cuttlebug, gel pen, white flocking, ribbon, rattle charm, eyelets

1 comment:

Lee said...

Oh your shimmery shell card is just beeeeautiful!!! And the little sheep is perfect for flocking!!! I only had bright color flocking.....gotta put more on my next shopping list! LOL