Friday, July 25, 2008

July Mini VSN - Tim Holtz style

First, a REMINDER! My blog candy contest closes at noon, Sunday, July 27. If you haven't entered yet, go to this post to put your name in! Thanks to all who've entered so far!
Now, on to the main post. It's time for another round of mini Virtual Stamp Night! There are five new book-themed challenges to play over the next two weeks and we'd love to have you join us. You can find out all the details about Virtual Stamp Night by clicking HERE! The above card is for Luvlee's challenge - she was inspired by "To Kill a Mockingbird" and asked us to use distressing on our cards. It seemed like the perfect challenge for channeling Tim Holtz, so I pulled out this Stampers Anonymous image, my Tonic edge distresser and my foam blending tool to make this card.
Supplies:
Stamps: Stampers Anonymous, Amuse
Ink: chocolate chip, bayou blue, soft sky
Paper: chocolate chip, bayou blue, soft sky, Neenah classic crest ivory
Accessories: ribbon, eyelets from We R Memory Keepers, distresser, sponges


The next challenge is from Jennifer/Badgergirl. She was inspired by the book "Sea Glass" and asked us to use the polished stone technique on our cards. Since I've been channeling Tim Holtz so much lately, I decided to continue with this card. I used my Ranger alcohol inks and metallic mixative to make the polished stone background and used the Stampers Anonymous image again. I also inked the hardware to make it look a little more aged and less bright. The Scenic Route chipboard butterfly was sponged in black ink, then spritzed with iridescent gold Glimmer Mist.
Supplies:
Stamps: Stampers Anonymous
Ink: Ranger archival black, alcohol inks
Paper: taken with teal, more mustard, basic black, glossy white
Accessories: Making Memories hardware, suede ribbon, Scenic Route chipboard

2 comments:

Allison Rankin said...

Love these...silhouettes have become a fav of mine lately!

Lee said...

Just beautiful!!! I still have to do the polished stone challenge!! I love the colors you chose!!