Sunday, June 1, 2008

The Scarlet Letter

This weekend was the first of three mini Virtual Stamp Nights that will be held throughout the summer, culminating with our big VSN weekend Aug. 22-23. The theme for this round of VSN is "Book Club," and the mini VSNs are being called "Book Signings." So all the challenges related to books and reading. The first mini VSN challenges can be found HERE! And you can play through June 13, so there is plenty of time to try your hand at the challenges. I had a very busy weekend - including some quality time at the beach this morning and the sunburn to prove it! So I still have a couple more to do, I will be stamping later this week, I suspect!
The first of the VSN mini challenges was based on "The Scarlet Letter." Trace asked everyone to use red letters on their creations! I needed a masculine birthday card, so I painted some We R Memory Keepers chipboard letters with Making Memories paint (red wagon color) for my red letters.
Supplies:
Stamps: birthday whimsy
Ink: ballet blue
Paper: celery, real red, patterned paper is from Adorn it
Accessories: eyelets, chipboard, MM paint

1 comment:

Corie said...

Love this -- especially the colors -- just too cute!!