Sunday, June 22, 2008

Plum crazy!

Us VSN junkies have been talking a lot about books since that is the theme for this round of VSN, and several of the participants mentioned how much they love Janet Evanovich's Stephanie Plum books. I had never read any of them, but they've talked them up so much that I picked one up at the bookstore last night. I figured I'd start with the first one, so now I'm reading "One for the Money."
It also came as no surprise that one of the VSN challenges was based on a Stephanie Plum book. My friend Patty challenged everyone to use numbers on their card because numbers on their card because numbers play a role in the Stephanie Plum books. I needed a card for my soon-to-be three-year-old niece, so that's where this card came from. I thought about using pale and perfect plum for colors, just for kicks, but then found this piece of polka dot amethyst prints dp and went with that color instead. The card is 5.25 inches square.
You can find all the information you need to play VSN HERE! It is a great way to get lots of cards made, try techniques you'd never otherwise try and get your creative juices flowing!
Supplies:
Stamps: birthday whimsy
Ink: amethyst
Paper: amethyst, white, prints dp, unknown silver
Accessories: ribbon, cord, CM circle cutter, glitter "3" sticker from Making Memories, corner rounder

No comments: