Saturday, June 14, 2008

Mojo restart

I was attempting to restart my mojo last night, so I blog-hopped a bit to find some challenges to work on. This card is for the Amuseapalooza inspiration challenge. The inspiration piece was a Vera Bradley bag with a paisley print. I was inspired by the colors and the paisley. Problem is, I don't actually own any paisley stamps! Fortunately, my sweet friend Joni had given me a cool set of paisley dies for my Cuttlebug. So I CB'd a bunch of paisley pieces and glued them into a flower pattern. The gluing was a PAIN! When I was almost done, it dawned on me that I have a small Xyron which would have been perfect for that task. Doh! Anyway, the glue was also a bit messier than I had hoped, so I outlined the whole flower with stardust stickles. It worked like a charm. Since the challenge required using at least one Amuse stamp, I pulled out my favorite Amuse sentiment.
Supplies:
Stamps: Amuse
Ink: ballet blue
Paper: ballet blue, bashful blue, rose red, whisper white
Accessories: ribbon, stardust stickles, brad, mini pearls, CB paisley dies, corner rounder

No comments: