Sunday, May 11, 2008

Copic practice

I won some Copic markers during the SCSM event, and then ordered a few more afterward so I could get a feel for them. I have 14 total, including a colorless blender. I definitely need more colors, especially earth and neutral tones and greens! But I have enough to now to at least get some practice using them. I was having some trouble with my black ink bleeding; I've purchased two different black ink pads now, so hopefully I can find one that works. I also think I need to get some 110 lb. weight paper. These are a couple of my practice pieces that I decided were worthy enough for cards! Both card are 3.5 by 5 inch notecards.
Supplies:
Stamp: Olivia Owl stamp from Stampendous
Ink: Memories black
Paper: soft sky, pomegranate, unknown white
Accessories: Copics, ribbon, dew drops, ticket corner punch

This is my favorite so far, and I think it really shows what you can do with Copic markers. I used three shades of blue and just kept going over them until they blended together! So pretty. This is a great image for coloring with Copics.
Supplies:
Stamps: Embrace life, sentiment by A muse
Ink: Brilliance graphite black, soft sky
Paper: soft sky, unknown white, basic black, brilliance blue
Supplies: ribbon, CM circle cutter, Copics

No comments: