Monday, July 9, 2007

Five star

Today's Caardvarks challenge was to use five embellishments on your card. I got home from work late (had to stop at the grocery store), cleaned the kitchen took out the trash, made dinner and finally sat down to work on my card! My inspiration was the little jar of Tres Jolie buttons by My Mind's Eye sitting on my craft desk. So I pulled out a fresh sheet of Tres Jolie paper and some coordinating colors - pale plum, taken with teal and close to cocoa - and got to work. I tried the image one way, didn't like it, then stamped it again to get this one. The flower stamp is from SU's Heartfelt Thanks set, and the sentiment is A muse. I stamped them on shimmery white cardstock for sparkle. The five embellishments are: silver brads, organdy ribbon, silver cord, the MME Tres Jolie buttons, and diamond Stickles (hopefully those count as an embellishment, otherwise I have to go with the white thread I ran through the buttons!). It was a fun challenge and I'm happy with the finished card. Unfortunately, it's already dark outside, so the photo isn't great. But I want to make sure to get the card in by the midnight deadline!

1 comment:

Jeni Bond said...

Love this. It is great. I love the papers you used. I have been hoarding this pack of DP because it is so pretty. Keep up the GREAT work!!