Saturday, June 16, 2007

A challenging week

I didn't get a lot of stamping in this week because of work and graduation for my cousin. In fact, I'm headed out to the last graduation event later today - a family get together. I still have one other graduation card to make for another cousin, and then I will be all done!
The two cards I did manage to make were both inspired by the challenges on SCS. I love the daily challenges - they are a great way to get into stamping shape by trying new techniques and getting out of my comfort zone, or sometimes my rut! The first card is for the sketch challenge. I am still using up scraps, so I started with these scraps of Japanese Kimono designer paper and then added the image from Artfully Asian and the cool coin doodad I picked up at a LSS while on vacation. Cardstock and ink colors are real red, taken with teal and pretty in pink.


The second card is for the inspiration challenge. Karen does a great job and picking inspiration pieces. This week's was a pink, red and black cake with stars on it. So I used Stars and Swirls to make a background, then used the bigger star from the set to make the pink and black row, which I covered with dazzling diamonds. The sentiment is from Happy Everything.
Happy Saturday everyone.

No comments: